Comments

I will soon be adding a new addition to my blog. Some friends and I am going to start making menus with shopping lists. If you would like to join our little party and add some recipes please comment below and let me know. This will save a lot of time for everyone and give us a variety of dishes. I think it will be a lot of fun. I will first be placing a pantry list after receiving recipes and then a list for each week. Five meals will allow you to adjust things and still have your family favorites. Lets Cook!!































Thursday, May 27, 2010

Refried Beans
These are amazing. I have not used canned since I got this recipe. Mostly use them for my Enchilada recipe. I will write this for a small family. I use six cans of Pinto beans for a family of 8-9. All kids are teenagers.

2 cans pinto beans (drained and rinsed well)
3cloves garlic (chopped very small)
1/2 small onion (chopped very samll)
1/4-1/3 lb bacon (line like they come in package and cut to small pieces across)

place bacon in large frying pan and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and place in a small bowl until needed. Keep grease in pan. Cook onions for a couple minutes and then add garlic on medium heat. Turn to low and while thats cooking, place beans in food processor and mix very well. Looks like mush. I add a little water as they chop so processor works better. Not too much or its too watery. When finished add to pan. Keep on low. Place bacon bits in processor and chop very fine and add to pan. Cook till its all warmed through. Depending on what they are used for, you can add chopped hot peppers to your families taste. They are a bit of work, but SO, So, much better than a can. Not for diets either. But worth the calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment