Comments

I will soon be adding a new addition to my blog. Some friends and I am going to start making menus with shopping lists. If you would like to join our little party and add some recipes please comment below and let me know. This will save a lot of time for everyone and give us a variety of dishes. I think it will be a lot of fun. I will first be placing a pantry list after receiving recipes and then a list for each week. Five meals will allow you to adjust things and still have your family favorites. Lets Cook!!































Sunday, May 2, 2010

Honey Popcorn
(family favorite movie watching treat)

3 cups sugar
1 cup butter or marg (butter always better)
1/2 pint whipping cream (not cool whip, real whipping cream)
1 cup Honey

Mix and stir continuously in medium pan. Boil to softball stage. Pour over lots of popcorn. I would poor it over like two of the very large silver bowls. It will use lots of popcorn. I will make it this week and see just how much I use.
If you have a basic cookbook or you can go online, or just do what I do. To know when you reach softball stage. I keep a small cup filled about half full of very cold water next to stove. When it has boiled for a couple minutes, drop a small amount in the cold water, then move it around with spoon. If it stays together in water, but comes apart when you take it out of water with spoon, then it is ready. Needs to look like a small soft ball. If anyone needs to see this let me know and you can come to my house or if you are close, i will come over and show you what it looks like. I like this better than the thermometer. This is amazing and messy stuff. Enjoy!!!!! You could probably add nuts like pecans and it would be good to.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! I lost this recipe after you gave it to me last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem. I am going to figure out my meatloaf recipe and put it on here. So hard to break everything down when I just put things together.

    ReplyDelete