Comments

I will soon be adding a new addition to my blog. Some friends and I am going to start making menus with shopping lists. If you would like to join our little party and add some recipes please comment below and let me know. This will save a lot of time for everyone and give us a variety of dishes. I think it will be a lot of fun. I will first be placing a pantry list after receiving recipes and then a list for each week. Five meals will allow you to adjust things and still have your family favorites. Lets Cook!!































Friday, October 8, 2010

Wheat Nuts
Need the oil about 425 degrees. Please feel free to change the cooking time according to your taste.

This is a great way to use your wheat. I promise you and your kids will eat it. There really is no recipe for this. Its just a way of cooking it.
FIRST
Take the amount of wheat you want to use. I try and do quite a bit. Lets try 4 cups to start out with and then you can always do more when you have the precess down better. Take the wheat and place it in a large bowl. Cover with plastic and let it sit out over night.(12 hours should do it) In the morning rinse the wheat about a cup at a time in a colondor. take out any little rocks that might be in it. Place a towel on the kitchen counter with a couple paper towels over them to help soak up the water from the wheat. Takes around one day to dry well. If you need to leave them longer it will not hurt them. Get to them when you can.

Step two
We need to talk about a couple items you might need. I use to use my electric wok. I would take one cup and pour it in very hot veggie oil and then take one of those metal meshy things to get them out. you let them cook about 8-10 minutes. Before taking them out, taste one. It needs to crunchy and not burnt and most of all not on the soft side. This is also an individual taste. Another way I do it know is in my deep fat fryer. I bought one of those bigger mesh things with a handle. I bent the handle to fit in my fryer. The nuts will go over the top a bit but just take them out after cooking each batch.
When the first bunch is cooked you take it out and lay them on the paper towels that at on the bath towels. If you want you can go through and dab the oil off. Little healthier that way. Why its still hot sprinkle with your choice of flavor. We have really only used garlic salt and my kids love it. If you have ideas for other flavors please put them in the comment area, Now just place in an airtight container and take them anywhere you might want a snack to munch on. If you have any questions please ask me in the comment section. ENJOY

1 comment:

  1. Is there a certain amount of water, or just put "some" in the bowl for overnight?

    ReplyDelete